Resources for Photoessays
Photoessays attempt to communicate a message about a subject without using any text. Thus, the composition of individual photographs must work together with the strategic arrangement of photographs to create meaning. Following are a list of resources you can draw on for creating photoessays.
- Lindsay Kolowich, Phone Photography 101: How to Take Good Pictures With Your Phone
- Scott McCloud, Understanding Comics, “Chapter 3: Blood in the Gutter” (pdf, ELMS) – This chapter explains the six different modes of transitions between images that help send different messages to the viewer.
- CNN, 25 of the Most Iconic Photographs
- TIME Lightbox has a recurring collection of the best photoessays of each month.
- Co-Design, “The 22 Best Photo Essays of 2015”
Photo Editing Software